XIAMEN, CHINA 2013

by - Tuesday, July 09, 2013

HELLO!
Am back from China!!
It's not a holiday trip where I shop or visit tourist attraction.

The place I went is Xiamen, China. It's in the Fujian province. A village with all the Yap's reside. Where my late grandpa was born. Went with my family to do some chinese praying thing to my grandparents. Was also a visiting to relatives in China. Big family I have.

With no connection with the world, we have to search wifi spots. And we have to go to the wifi spot. So we named it 'Wifi Corner'. hahaha! This shows that Singaporeans cant survive without phone. No facebook access and twitter. Luckily, Instagram is not blocked too. I downloaded a few shows to my phone and I watched them to kill time. Yes~ I have nothing to do besides going to the ancestors temple to pray. We just eat, sleep, pray.

It's my first time seeing chickens and ducks walk by me like birds and dogs in Singapore. Tried interacting with them too. But we speak different language. Saw cow like without border. hahha! So cool uh~~ cow dung everywhere. It's huge! hahaha! Huge than my face.Pigs near the place I stayed. Super smelly.. so i keep saying to them that they are smelly and noisy. LOLS! A huge rice field just infront of me. Saw 2 elderly harvesting. Some of them went down to try. And the ah ma kept on nagging at them. LOLS!

Nature is just in front of me. Everywhere is some plants that we always eat. You can find potato, many types of vegetables, fruits around.

I had fun with my family.. just there to relax and hear the nature sound. People there are really friendly although they are no related to me. They are just some neighbours helping out at the ritual.
They speak hokkien dialect. So somehow I could understand. But most of the time I dont. People there will keep looking at us.. because we are foreigners to them. And super rare that foreigners come into the village. It's so out of the world. So to them, it's a rare sight.

Pictures time!


 OOTD to China!



Finally arrived!! Weather freakin HOT!


























Family in China runs a business. Thread! 








 Best actress for casualties -  Angela Yap. LOLS




























































































Aliens? mmm....

Have become more contented with what I have after a few days in the village. And knowing how they live. I feel government is already at their best in Singapore. If u compare to them, sometimes policies never get to reach them. They might get forgotten. But we are not.

We complained this and that. But they dont. They are happy with what they have. Dont we have to reflect? I think we need.

Ending! back to work tomorrow! Gonna die... LOLS!

You May Also Like

0 comments

hseolah 2013. Powered by Blogger.