Goals; What You Want

by - Thursday, April 20, 2017

“You must never doubt your ability to achieve anything, become anything, overcome anything and inspire everything.”   Tasha Hoggatt



SAM_4310

Decided to write something here, after a day of revision and my right hand is seriously aching from all these writings of notes and exams.

It's no longer a secret that I have started my part time degree this year. Yes, to be exact, I started my first semester in January, right after I came back from Taipei. It's been 4 months into this university life and everything is somehow flowing as it should. I do get discouraged when I was doing my essays and assignments. Afterall, the university is very different from polytechnics. Also, it's been 5 years since I graduated from poly, and that saying, I have not been touching books, doing assignments, going for lessons and exams. Somehow, this new journey is very new to me.

I have people asking me why so out of sudden and random? To question that, this is what this post is mainly about. Sometimes, some people take a longer time to realise their interests, passions and what they want. For me, I don't to join in the norm of taking a boring or common degree, but more of learning something I have an interest in, and that would probably help me in my career path. And so, here am I now, taking a degree of my choice. I often asked my friends what they want to do like what kind of jobs they want. Many times whatever people said and in reality, is opposite. I get puzzled. And there are times where after getting a degree, they realised it's not something they want to do. I know taking a degree at the age of 27 seems to be a little late, in my circle of friends. Most of them are completing their studies. But I'm glad I choose to take it slowly. People might not know why, they might have their own views on my choice, however, I  should be responsible for myself.

So I want you to know, it's okay to realise your passion or pursue your goals slower than others. You are not going to get handcuff for that, it's not a crime. At least, you have a direction and you are working towards it. Sometimes, when we have many goals and we pursue them all together at one time, things may turn out disastrously. One step at a time, you will reach your destination one day.

Good luck to those having exams and those who are pursuing their dreams.
:)

You May Also Like

0 comments

hseolah 2013. Powered by Blogger.