Reply 1988

by - Friday, February 26, 2016


At first when the news was out for Reply 1988, my reaction was "Again? How many series they want to make?"
But because the reviews were so good like the previous 2 series and I have nothing to watch after She Was Pretty. I gave Reply 1988 a chance. LOLS!

And I must say this is the best Reply series. It's very related to what most of us are going through. Even though it was based in 1988 where the characters are in their youth and drag all the way in 2016 where they have gotten married. I think it was the memories that most of us shared.

Of course what brings me really back to my memories were some of the items in the show. Remember the pager era, walkman, discman. Oh dear, when I saw these items came out in the show, i was super amazed! hahhaha!
I missed my walkman and discman. I need them every night to sleep. Frustrated when it suddenly not working or went low battery. hahaha!

The drama very much talk about parents too. Which always made me teared. I remembered a scene where the parents sat together and talked about their dreams. Their dreams were all about the well-being of their children instead of themselves. I think every parents have the same dream.

They touches on strong friendship bonds too. Which really make me set to think and look back.

There are some phrases from the drama that touches my heart. I will share a few here.

“No matter how much someone else’s things look better, it is all in vain” -Sung Dong Il-

“There were times I could not understand why she seemed to have self-consciousness or a sense of pride and got angry. I didn’t realize it back then but it was because Mom had something more precious than herself to protect – me” -Sung Bo Ra-

“Don’t be too sad. Another person might be in love with you right now and might suddenly confess they’ve liked you for a very long time” -Lee Moon Se-

“I could not return to my youth or that street either. Time always flows. Everything passes by and ages. That might be why youth is beautiful. Because it shines, blindingly bright at a brilliant short moment. But you can never go back (to it). A time when many tears was shed – like my youth.” -Deok Sun-

Credit: http://beatuscorner.com/reply-1988-quotes/

You May Also Like

0 comments

hseolah 2013. Powered by Blogger.